Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Question of the Day

Can shopping with two 5 year olds really be considered retail therapy? I'll get back to you on that.

Kid 1 and kid 2 have experienced a growth spurt. I can't quite understand this because every meal seems like a food challenge. I put a balanced plate in front of them and on most days am given back some portion of the veggies and proteins. The starch/carbs go down just fine. So how, in just 6 months, they grew 2-3 inches in height, now have tummies popping the snap on their jeans and are in need of a summer selection of shoes which they will inevitably outgrow before fall is beyond me. I guess the pediatrician knew what she was talking about when she said they could go for 'days' without eating and be just fine. Or, I could feed them pbj every day for a month and they'd still be ok. I'm not going to do one of those 30 day trials to test that theory anytime soon, but I believe her.

1 comment:

  1. I think the term for that is called retail torture...lol!

    ReplyDelete