Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Priorities.

I love getting massages. I would get one (or two for that matter) every day if I could afford it. I don't like the scratchy, fingernail type of massage, I want the rub with the thumbs and knuckles, deep tissue, kneading the sore spots 'type.' Truth is, I've had one, yep..just one, in the past year because it's a luxury expense and I just don't treat myself as much as I should. Of course, had I not purchased all the Venti Iced Soy Lattes I have over the past year, I could have probably afforded at least 3 more massages. Priorities.

I'm not one that will be sharing intimate bedroom details on my blog, but this was just a massage. It was really nice and it deserves recognition. Some mornings just start out better than others and I have to give a big fat 'damn, that was AWESOME,' when it's due. My husband can do a fantastic job at giving a massage, when he sets his mind to it. He can totally give me 'goosebumps' and cause my brain to tingle and my body to totally relax...and put me right back to sleep. Sounds like more than a massage, right? But it isn't, and on a busy, weekday morning, it's really nice to have that time together.

I just made a list and here's the rest of my next two days:
Wash Rugs: bathroom (1 load), kitchen (2 loads), towels (our bathroom 1 load), bedding (our bedroom and spare room)
Dust: entire house, ceiling fans and huge window in foyer (need extension pole to get dead ladybugs)
Bathrooms: Tub and Shower (CLR), Sinks and Toilets (x4), Floors (hardwood, Pergo, 2 Tile) restock TP/soap/tissue/paper towels and cleaner under sinks
Kitchen: countertops/stove/micro/clean out fridge
Basement: empty boxes to garage, craft bins off bar, toys picked up, slipcovers straightened, dust
Mop Hardwood in Kitchen, Tile in Basement, Vacuum House
Remake beds, lay down rugs, marinate meat for grilling this weekend, prep veggies

Next week: windows and sills in all rooms..MUST DO before next weekend!

As much as I'd like to trade in my personal masseuse for a cleaning person, I think I'll keep the masseuse. Priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment