Saturday, May 1, 2010

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

That is my 'Saturday' word. I love..and I mean LUVVVVV Saturdays! Every other day of the week, I'm struggling to get my butt out of bed, but Saturdays, I have this amazing vigor to jump out of bed.

This morning..dog was barking at our bedroom door, which meant one of the kids let her out of her 'cage.' My husband has been sick the past few days, and even though he was moving around and getting out of bed, I went downstairs. I made banana muffins and got kids dressed. Enjoyed breakfast with the kids for about 10 minutes until 'Kid 3' decided to squeeze the juice box into the yogurt tube and 'Kid 1' said the crumbs on the plate were dancing as they proceeded to hit the plate with a knife. That was my quitting point on a Saturday morning after an entire week of this creativity with breakfast. Daddy was downstairs by this time and I said...'mommy's finishing her grocery list upstairs' and I snuck out.

So, I'm upstairs planning my day. I would normally get up EARLY. My goal on most Saturdays is usually to beat the sun, get a shower, grab my camera and run out the door before the kids figure out I'm up and are screaming for breakfast. Most Saturdays, I make it. But I have to be sneaky!! Today, I decided to make it a slow morning and take my time. My camera and laptop bag are ready to go, but I have this impending list of groceries that needs to get done. Relaxation to follow the 'unloading' of the vehicle.

Ever notice how other tasks or people are dependent on 'the list?' That being the grocery/staples list? For example...husband needs deodorant..otherwise..stinky husband pits. Laundry needs bleach..otherwise..stains and dingy clothes. Kids need milk..otherwise...rotting teeth from juice boxes and the like. Dog needs food..otherwise...she pretends to be malnourished and eats every little morsel she can get her very long sloppy tongue to reach. Mommy needs to do 'the list' alone or she just might end up in a padded room before week's end.

Some adults loathe grocery shopping and especially on a Saturday, when it's crazy nuts out there. And by crazy nuts, I mean the other shoppers. But, part of my fun, besides not having the 'I want, I want, I need, I want trio' along, is to take my time and be able to people watch. I love watching others....deal with their children, their reaction to the 10 cart line at the check-out, where they park their empty cart out in the lot...just the day to day, but on a Saturday. This makes my life seem not so crazy nuts. I'm not the only one that needs a Saturday 'Ahhhhhhhh' break, I'm just lucky enough to get one!

And a huge, HUGE THANK YOU to my husband, who is quite capable at keeping the kids happy and content, so I can take a time out from 'mommy' for a bit and just be myself. I need this 'ME TIME.' It revives me for the next week ahead.

Now..off for a relaxing shower with no kid interruption. Then out the door with my lists and my camera and laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment