Friday, May 14, 2010

Food Products That Tick Me Off.

1. The packet of frosting that accompanies a Toaster Strudel is about just barely a tablespoon and it isn't enough.
2. 'Easy Squeeze' ketchup and mustard containers are never easy. First you have to tap it down. Then you squirt the bottle and it comes out so fast that it gets on everything BUT the bun.
3. Bagged lettuce is great if you intend on eating the entire bag in one sitting. And if you don't, it's rusty the next day.
4. Syrup. Now there's a product that needs Easy Squeeze! I would prefer not to grab the container out of the pantry and have my hand stick to it.
5. Bread needs better preservatives. I mean if Wonder Bread wants to really call itself that, then figure out the correct amount of preservatives so the bread isn't growing green fuzz in 3 days on the counter.
6. Gogurt, you're packaging is just horrifically messy. I want you to watch my children eat one in the backseat of a mini-van. And I even froze them first! Your product should come with a wet wipe, just like the new Always Clean panty-liners.
7. Ortega taco shells, you might as well be Ortega chips. By the time you are on my plate, filled with yummy goodness, and after the first bite, you crumble into 17 (sometimes more) chips.
8. Dole and Chiquita (cause I'm not partial). What's up with selling green bananas? Don't you know they give you a stomach ache if you eat them that color?
9. Pre-packaged meals that serve 4. Didn't the last census (or some household finding) conclude that most families have 2 adults and 2.5 kids. Where are you getting 4 servings? Seriously, can you up those portions to a nice round '5' servings.
10. Breyers and Edy's Ice Cream. You're not fooling anybody with your new smaller containers. I've been an ice cream-aholic since I hit puberty, and believe me, I know when you're skimping!
11. What happened to regular sized candy bars? When I take three kids through a check out aisle, they do not need 'King Size' sugary goodness.
12. Chicken people (and I'm not listing a brand because you are all guilty). I do not like having to use my kitchen utility scissors to take off all the little fat dangly pieces when I want a nice pretty piece of chicken to cook. Clean that up already before slapping it into the package!
13. Nuts. Why are you so expensive?
14. Hot dogs and buns. Could you work your quantity issues out so that you might match buns to dogs? Is it really that hard?
15. I want an adult sized Twinkie. I mean the current size was ok when I was a kid, but now that I'm an adult, I feel the need to have a larger cake portion and more filling.
16. Starbucks. Your Frappucino in a bottle should not be called Frappucino. It isn't a Frappucino. And it tastes nothing like the frosty blended one, topped with whipped cream from the drive-thru!

There are more, but it's 1:32 AM and I'm tired.

*Note to product brands...I don't know how to insert the 'TM' and 'R, with a circle around it' behind your names yet, but when I figure it out (and I will), I will correct my problem going forward.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I agree about the servings...if it is 4 servings then it is 4 very small servings, and what is up the things having 1/2 servings...I have seen vegetables that have 2 1/2 servings...who is eating a 1/2 serving?

    If they could invent ketchup and mustard bottles that didn't ooze water out, before the actual ketchup and mustard that would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was hilarious. If they can put a man on the moon.....

    ReplyDelete