Monday, August 23, 2010

And This Is Why I'm Not Working...

Son is down for a nap..and all is quiet again. He was so cute today. He came running out of school, gave me a big hug, told me he got 'spotted' (they get a puppy paw print sticker..dalmation..spots..for good behavior) and asked if I could take him for a hot cocoa at Starbucks. So, I said, 'how about we get a chocolate milk w/ whipped cream instead of something hot because it's a nice day?' He agreed. So we went and I ordered a tall iced soy latte and he got chocolate milk. We sat and listened to jazz. He danced to the beat of the music and wiggled in his chair while he drank his milk. And we talked about his morning. Then we drove home and he talked more and I listened. And he requested pbj and carrot sticks for lunch. I surprised him w/ strawberries and a rice krispie treat when he was done. And he said, 'mommy, I love that you make my lunch.'


And THIS is why I am not working.

2 comments:

  1. It's great that you get to spend some one on one time with him now...good for you and him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staying home and caring for one's children did not used to be controversial or surprising. Being a good stay at home parent is NOT an easy thing to do and is not encouraged by much of modern society/culture. Good for you (and your family) for swimming against the current.

    ReplyDelete