Thursday, September 23, 2010

Awake And Moving on Day 2!

And I'm not going to post progress every day, but I wanted to share my first day up until now.

I was in massive pain when I got home yesterday morning, despite the 'woo-hoo' feelings that I actually made it. Every 'ka-thud' to the ground with one foot, leg, hip and belly jiggle while running had lent itself to the hurt I was feeling yesterday for most of the day. I fell asleep yesterday afternoon and woke up a half hour later feeling rested. And then a shower before dinner helped to revive me too. I had a major sciatic issue (must get fitted for GOOD shoes!) and all I could think about every time I went up and down our stairs was how bad my the left side of my butt hurt. But, I took it easy, hydrated throughout the day, made an awesome dinner and did not eat anymore after 7 PM. I even went to bed fairly early (for me) because I just couldn't keep my head up.

Woke up this morning and am feeling better. Sciatic pain is someone gone or 'in hiding' and I'll be happy if it hides all day. I have a house to vacuum and if I do it the right way, with edging and vacuuming vents, corners of walls and moving furniture, I will have had a good workout. I will take my son out on his bike this afternoon and I will walk. I'm not going to overdue it, but I don't want to wake tomorrow and be curled in a fetal position.

Need some water.

And thanks for all the wonderfully supportive messages yesterday. :-)
I hope you will continue to follow me. I remain positive.

2 comments:

  1. I ran the Quad Cities Half Marathon yesterday and I was impressed by many of the other participants. Some were race winner types who can run 26 straight miles at a pace faster than I can run just one mile, others were hot chycks, but most impressive perhaps were the people who you would never guess by looking at them could run a 1/2 marathon. I saw many people who looked too heavy or too old to be running at all, let alone a 1/2 marathon. You might be amazed by what you can do.

    ReplyDelete