Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Brand New Sunshiney Day

According to the spell check, 'sunshiney' is not a word. Who knew?
It's a good thing some of my rebelliousness can still sneak out on grammatical occasions.

We have 4 big bay windows in our bedroom. Having no window treatments currently is a blessing and a curse. I love the view of our backyard. Even more so now that the trees have leaves and I don't get to view the backs of neighboring houses. I even love waking up to the sun in the morning...ON THE WEEKENDS. But, on a weekday, when my husband is already up and moving to leave for work, and the kids are anxiously waiting for their AppleJacks, the dog can't hold it any longer and the phone is ringing, and you just know it's some perky person calling for no good reason, I'm not such a fan of the sun in the windows. It's that big, gigantic, reminder of 'get your butt out of bed.'

So, I'm up. I ate a healthy breakfast. I need a shower. I plan to use that sunshine to my advantage and seize the day even though we are without a vehicle (might explain that later). Adventure awaits. Perhaps 4 pair of muddy, goose-poop laden shoes and a frog in a bucket. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment